It's good to be back!Learn more
Why Our Pub is Great
There’s nowhere else in the world quite like a traditional British pub in a village. Especially a canal-side one with a sun trap beer garden and a nice children’s play area. The Gate in Tamworth is your go-to pub for a perfect pint, friendly banter, smiley staff, satisfying food, and a good night out. We’re in Amington village, just off the M60. Pop over for lunch, dinner or drinks. Get involved in the big pub quiz or watch the rugby with us. Whether you’re local or come from further afield, you’ll be made to feel like part of the family.
Our drinks selection is big. Really big. We’ve got cask ales, craft beers and guest beers. World wines that go down nice and easy. Lovely bubbles for all budgets. Good gin. And exciting softies that taste amazing over ice. Pop in for coffee, a swift pint after work, a Friday night or a Saturday session. Whenever you’re in, you’ll find just the thing to whet your whistle. There’s always a drinks offer on, seasonal specials to try or a new guest beer in the pumps.
When it comes to pub food, we like to please everyone in the community. Every day of the week, from lunchtime until late. That’s why you’ll find the perfect balance of classic pub mains and modern international flavours on there. Think traditional British mains like your mum makes. Mighty burgers and grills. Big tasty curries. Sandwiches and light bites. And a Sunday roast that will rock your world. Kids will be happy too. Our children’s menu is full of good stuff and treats that get the thumbs up from kids and parents.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our Food
We’re the home of good conversation and great food. Serving quality food made with quality ingredients for all of our guests to enjoy. Our food offers all of your favourite pub classics and some alternatives too. We refresh our menus twice a year to ensure that seasonal dishes are always available on our menus. Don’t forget to check out our specials too, offering even more variation to choose from.
You don’t have to worry about where your food comes from, we make sure everything that goes into our dishes is ethically produced and sourced. This is critical to us as well as ensuring all of our ingredients are socially and environmentally sustainable.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.